Nowadays, there are many matters which can arise as a result of relationships between private law entities involved in maritime traffic, so therefore legal services in the maritime world are essential.
Moreover, the Port of Barcelona, offering a strategic position, is highly important to international trade and transport.
Having detailed knowledge of this specialist area of law, VMG defends your interests in any commercial transaction involving the maritime environment.
Our areas of expertise and practice in this field are, among others:
- Vessels and their legal status: nationality and registration, means of acquiring ownership, ship mortgage as to all other security interests to and over the vessel. Vessel Financing.
- Shipping contracts and ancillary agreements: charter party, lease purchase contract, charters by time and voyage contracts, passenger transport contract, stowaways, towage contract, multimodal transport contract, shipment and unshipped contracts
- Maritime accidents and limitation of liability: sea rescue, general average, collision, marine pollution, liability for marine pollution, goods lost at sea.
- International sea freight contracts.
- Financing of operations related to maritime traffic.
- Marine insurance.
- Claims for damage on shipped goods.
- Recreational sailing.
- Maritime procedures: jurisdiction, preventative seizure of vessels, vessel foreclosure and non-contentious proceedings, maritime arbitration.
- Legal regime of the maritime spaces.
- Maritime safety.
- Regulations against marine pollution.
- International regulation of the maritime transport market.
- Ship-owners and other individuals involved in shipping.